Somatic Experiencing® is a body-oriented approach to healing trauma and other stress disorders. Dr. Levine developed Somatic Experiencing® through his unique multidisciplinary approach of stress physiology, psychology, ethology, biology, neuroscience, indigenous healing practices, and medical biophysics, combined with over 50 years of successful clinical application.
Nothing is worse than failing to help the clients who need you the most… clients terrorized by traumatic memories and stuck in their feelings of paralyzing anxiety, fear and helplessness that leaves them in debilitating physical pain.
Trauma is intrinsic to the body as the mind and your clients need more than traditional talk therapy from you.
Help your clients get unstuck today. Achieve a deeper yet concise understanding of how trauma impacts both the body and mind. Learn from Peter Levine, Ph.D. – legendary clinician, researcher and author in the field of trauma and memory – and master the principals of his Somatic Experiencing® to quickly reduce symptomology in your clients and treat the traumatic memories that haunt them.
Join thousands of therapists who have embraced Dr. Levine’s somatic practices for treating PTSD, attachment injuries, sexual abuse, chronic pain and other forms of complex trauma. With 50 years of research and clinical work, Dr. Levine’s body-oriented techniques are extensively honed into seminal books, research and psychotherapeutic advancements.
During this intensive yet affordable self-directed course, Dr. Levine will give you step-by-step instructions to release traumatic stress, access and release suppressed emotions, move through developmental plateaus… and more powerful interventions for treating trauma, building resilience and empowering your clients.
BONUS: Yours with this offer - even more trauma-treating, body-awareness Somatic Experiencing® tools you can integrate immediately... "The Body as Healer: Working from the Bottom Up” is yours, FREE and to keep forever.
By mastering Dr. Levine’s essential methods to traumatic memories and its impact on the body... you will elevate your treatment of complex, deeply-entrenched trauma, overcome roadblocks frustrating you and your clients, and get your clients lasting relief.
Discover exactly how to:
- Break down and understand the significance of memory systems in the resolution of trauma
- Quickly reduce symptomology in your clients and treat their traumatic memories
- Apply body awareness and specific physiological techniques to renegotiate and treat trauma
- Immediately use Somatic Experiencing® tools to treat and address symptoms ranging from anxiety, depression, PTSD, and harmful behaviors to unexplained physical pain, fatigue, or illness
Peter Levine, Ph.D., will give you step-by-step instructions for addressing traumatic memories and its neurological and physiological impact. You will understand the brain circuitry involved in maintaining traumatic memories that influence how your clients feel, think and interact.
You will gain decades of Dr. Levine’s proven, tested and groundbreaking clinical strategies in only 10 hours.
Trauma and the Body
- Developmental trauma from infancy and beyond
- Dopamine System, Socialization, Shame, Disgust
- Basic Matrix of brainstem & cerebellum
- Evolution and Polyvagal foundation
- How the body stores trauma
Deeper Understanding of Memory and Clinical Implications
- Explicit – More Conscious Memory: Declarative vs. Episodic
- Implicit – Less Conscious Memory: Emotional vs Procedural/Body Memory
- Practical tools for therapeutics for Emotions
- Therapeutics somatic/procedural memories that are non-verbal and non-conscious
- Clinical application for memory systems
- Long-term memory vs short-term memory
- How the brain and body store memory
- Memory engrams with somatic markers
- Fight, flight, freeze response
- Endorphins, vagal tone to bimodal sympathetic/parasympathetic cycling
- Uppgivenhetssyndrom (Resignation Syndrome)
How Clients Get “Stuck”
- Tonic immobility – The fallback to freeze
- Freeze couples with Fear
- Bracing and terror
- Euphoric dissociation
Somatic and Emotional Reactions to Trauma
- Symptoms and complexities of each in therapy
- Emotional – anxiety, depression
- Somatic – chronic pain, fibromyalgia
- Autonomic – migraines, irritable bowel
- Resolving Traumatic Reactions
The Basic Stages of Trauma Treatment
- Containment of strong sensation and emotion
- Pendulation – The dual opposites of sensation
- Address persistent inaction, impulsivity or avoidance
- Renegotiation of active for passive responses
- Allow things to settle: Self-Paced termination
Therapeutic Approaches to Treat Traumatic Memories
- The importance of “Bottom-Up” processing:
- The Paul MacLean’s Triune Brain
- Unspoken Voice
- Somatic Experiencing®:
- Renegotiation vs. Reliving
- Restoration of self-regulation
- Somatic experience of trauma
- Developing internal awareness
- Address persistent inaction, impulsivity or avoidance
- The mind-body connection in trauma work
- Help reinforce trust and acceptance in clients
- Incorporating client’s spirituality in trauma work
Register now and get a FREE bonus ($119.99 value!)...
- Learn how to use Somatic Experiencing (SE) techniques for systematically observing clients' nonverbal responses.
- Gain strategies to guide clients in "riding the waves" of their sensations as they experience release from their original trauma.
- Get experiential exercises
- Understand how to adjust your interventions to maximize impact and avoid retraumatizing vulnerable clients.
Here's what experts like you say about this course...
“Very comprehensive foundation of knowledge base. This was exquisitely woven into the practice piece so masterfully.” – Mary H.
“Helpful and powerful” – John S.
“This training was very informative and inspirational.” – Sarah S.
Levine’s original contribution to the field of Body-Psychotherapy was honored in 2010 when he received the Life Time Achievement award from the United States Association for Body Psychotherapy (USABP).Click here for information about Peter Levine
The treatment application of Somatic Experiencing® releases traumatic shock, which is key to transforming PTSD and the wounds of emotional and early developmental attachment trauma.
- Somatic Experiencing® has empirically developed over fifty years — with strong results for a number of clinical diagnoses and behavioral health challenges.
- Reviewing the intensive, self-guided online courses will provide you with an entirely new set of tools and skills that will both ease your mind and prepare you to more fully engage with clients.
- Dr. Levine has mentored thousands of therapists and healers worldwide. He has combined highly practical, evidence-based interventions, powerful assessment tools, case conceptualization techniques, and proven clinical strategies — and as a result, his courses consistently receive high praise.
- With over 10 hours of video online training, insightful commentary, case studies and examples, you will have powerful new clinical strategies that you can immediately start applying in your practice! We encourage you to take the time to fully absorb everything. Watch the tapes. Read the materials. Get your CPD hours!
- But, if you review all of the course materials and are still not satisfied, just let us know. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- You bet! Once you register for this course - the materials are yours to keep and access forever.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.