World-renowned expert and author Terry Real is a master at achieving quick and transformative results with all types of male clients, including grandiose and immature men. His ability to build trust, accurately identify and work through deep emotional wounds has helped thousands of clients throughout the world—and has been celebrated in venues including Good Morning America, The Today Show, 20/20, Oprah and The New York Times.
Now in this all-new Master Class, you have the chance to experience Terry Real's revolutionary approach in action through powerful in-session videos and in-depth, therapist-to-therapist, conversations. You'll get inside access to four remarkable single-session breakthroughs with difficult male clients struggling with anger, grandiosity, and narcissism—behaviors rooted in shame, trauma, and attachment issues. Then join Psychotherapy Networker editor Rich Simon as he sits down with Terry to take a deep dive into the nuts-and-bolts of each session, with thought-provoking questions that get to the heart of Terry's Relational Life Therapy (RLT) approach, so you can learn to implement his techniques into your own work.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain powerful, practical strategies to help even the most difficult male clients take back their lives and save their marriages and families.
Through this engaging online course, you'll learn:
- How to identify and amplify meaningful points of leverage to bring difficult men into therapeutic alliance with you
- A simple but powerful strategy for getting to the real truth at the heart of your clients' concerns
- The trust-building power of sharing experiences from your life with specific guidelines for how, when, and when not to divulge
- The powerful alliance-building RLT technique that combines straight talk about bad behavior with a genuine respect for a difficult man’s best qualities
- The key to translating insights from inner work into practical action through education, coaching, and role play
- Learn about the grandiosity that’s at the heart of most difficult men’s behaviors so you can recognize it and respond
- Discover the direct connection between dysfunctional behaviors in adults and the adaptations of the wounded child, so you can get to the root causes of problem behaviors and help men connect with their emotion.
- Experience RLT's masterful ability to soften reluctant men and open them up to change
- Observe how to adapt when past trauma is unexpectedly revealed and needs to be addressed
- Experience Terry's masterful joining through truth process to quickly build trust
- Discover how to speak hard truths to both partners and coach them on the steps they must take to parent as a team
- Observe how to work with last-chance couples where the relationship is on the verge of ending
- Learn how to quickly understand and address varied dysfunctional behaviors
- Experience how to identify the presenting problems in multiple clients at once
- Learn how to gently guide a shutdown client in opening up so they can overcome deep attachment wounds
- Changing attitudes toward traditional notions of masculinity and femininity
- How gender equality in younger couples has led to new tensions around diminished sexual desire and other issues
- Strategies for dealing with grandiosity in both men and women
- How to teach women how to successfully modify a partner's behaviors
Terry Real, LICSW, is a nationally recognized family therapist, author, and teacher. He is particularly known for his groundbreaking work on men and male psychology as well as his work on gender and couples; he has been in private practice for over twenty-five years. Terry has appeared often as the relationship expert for Good Morning America and ABC News. His work has been featured in numerous academic articles as well as media venues such as Oprah, 20/20, The Today Show, CNN, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Psychology Today and many others.
In 1997 he published the national bestseller: I Don't Want To Talk About It, the first book ever written on the topic of male depression. That was followed by How Can I Get Through To You? an exploration of the role of patriarchy in relationships and most recently, The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Know to Make Love Work, a practical guide for couples and couples therapists.
Terry founded The Relational Life Institute, in Arlington, Massachusetts, dedicated to working with the general population to help women reclaim their voices and men open their hearts. The Institute offers a training program which begins with an introductory level practicum as well as workshops and trainings throughout the US and Canada.
Financial: Terry Real is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Terry Real has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here's what your colleagues are saying about Terry's training programs
"Terry's approach of seeing relationships through the lens of patriarchy has been revolutionary for me - both professionally and personally!"
- Lee C.
"Some of the things I love about Terry Real and his work are the practical steps, down-to-earth guidance and his model of having the courage and respect to be honest." Rachel M.
"Terry Real helps overturn old-fashioned, confining roles and opens up a treasury of hope for lasting and exciting intimacy for clients everywhere." -Edward H.
"Terry, you are an absolute gift to the mental health community. " -David F.
If you're not completely satisfied, please email us at email@example.com. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.
PsychOz Publications, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognised by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation.