In a constantly shifting world with an accelerating onslaught of information coming at us, it’s more important than ever to develop and nurture regular awareness-based practices that promote wakefulness, compassion, and wisdom. This recording will be devoted to understanding and experiencing mindfulness meditation from the inside out, as a way of being and a way of seeing. Open yourself to an experience of not having to get someplace else and focus on living life as if it really, really mattered, right here and right now, in the only moment any of us ever have!
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
- PESI Australia, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 5.0 hours CPD for points calculation by your association.
Featured in Bill Moyer's PBS Special, "Healing and the Mind", Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., is executive director at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. He is the founder and former director of the UMMC Stress Reduction Clinic and an associate professor of medicine in the division of preventive and behavioral medicine. Using mindfulness meditation, Kabat-Zinn works to help people reduce stress and deal with chronic pain, and a variety of illnesses, particularly breast cancer. He was a trainer for the 1984 U.S. Men's Olympic Rowing Team and is especially interested in reducing the stress-related problems in the inner city and in prison populations.
Kabat-Zinn's books include: Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness (1991); Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (1994) and Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting (1997), which was co-authored with his wife, Myla.
Addiction Counselors, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other Mental Health Professionals
- Discover how mindfulness practices can serve as a regular source of renewal and reinvigoration in your life
- Describe the benefits and possibilities of making the daily effort to tune the instrument of your awareness
- Examine the question, “What’s missing in the world that only I can complete?”
- Summarize mindfulness meditation from the inside out, as a way of being and a way of seeing
- Overview of mindfulness meditation from the inside out
- Learn how mindfulness can lead to renewal and reinvigoration in your life
- Explore mindfulness as a way of being and a way of seeing
- Experiencing meditation
- Discover the experience of not having to get someplace else
- Focus on living life as if it really mattered right now
- Discuss the question, “What’s missing in the world that only I can complete?”
- Concluding remarks from the presenter
- Techniques to use mindfulness within therapy sessions
- Taking mindfulness and heartfulness into daily life