No other method has had more influence on bringing self-care and awareness training into the mainstream of health care today than Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Originally developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and now taught at more than 250 medical centers around the world, it teaches simple but powerful practices of body scan, meditation, and gentle mindful yoga to help you discover a deeper sense of wellness, balance, self-reliance, and inner freedom. No matter what the stressors in your life, you’ll leave feeling more at peace and in control.
Elisha Goldstein, Ph.D. is founder of the Mindful Living Collective, the world’s go-to resource and community for learning how to apply mindfulness to consistently follow through on the things that matter most to you. He is also co-founder of The Center for Mindful Living in West Los Angeles and creator of the 6-month coaching program A Course in Mindful Living (Next course begins Jan, 2020).
Dr. Goldstein is also a psychologist, speaker and author who has published numerous articles, chapters, and blogs, including Uncovering Happiness: Overcoming Depression with Mindfulness and Self-Compassion, The Now Effect: How This Moment Can Change the Rest of Your Life and co-author of A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook (10th Anniversary Edition), foreword by Jon Kabat-Zinn and MBSR Every Day.
He travels globally training therapists educators, leaders, military and others in the progressive integration of mindfulness to achieve mental and emotional healing. He has his private practice in West Los Angeles, California.
Financial: Elisha Goldstein if co-founder of The Center for Mindfulness and Psychotherapy. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Elisha Goldstein is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Describe ways to maintain greater balance and control in dealing with everyday stress and develop skills to avoid emotional and physical depletion
- Discover how to embrace the moment with mindfulness meditation to restore a sense of well-being no matter what challenges you face
- Explore your deepest inner resources of mind, body, and spirit, and tap into your inner sources of personal renewal
- Practice body scans, meditation and mindful yoga
- Discover a deeper sense of wellness, balance, self-reliance and inner freedom
- Maintaining Balance
- Skills Developed by MBSR
- Embracing the Moment
- The Deepest Inner Resources
- Body Scans
- 3 Steps to Uncover Happiness
- Mindful Practices
- 5 by 5 Practice
- Love-Kindness Practice
Addiction Counselors, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Social Workers, and other Mental Health Professionals