In this seminar recording, you will discover 7 habits that can greatly improve the effectiveness of your brain; strategies for overcoming distraction and lack of focus; and brain-based techniques to boost your mental performance. Groundbreaking neuroscience information will be presented in plain English. Learn how some surprisingly simple behaviors can actually change your brain for the better. By the end of the recording, you will be able to immediately apply these evidence-based habits to transform your brain's functioning and enhance your mental performance.
Jonathan Jordan is an enthusiastic presenter who enjoys interaction with the attendees and presents the content in easy-to-understand language. Neuroscience research confirms that people learn better when they are having fun and you will find this teleseminar to be both interesting and rewarding.
- Cutting-edge neuroscience breakthroughs
- Make the most of your brain
- Why attitude is so important to your brain
- Change your brain, change your life
- The art of using your whole brain
- Neuroscience in plain English
- Simple behaviors that activate your brain
- How to boost your brain's performance
Continuing Professional Development Certificates
- PESI Australia, in collaboration with PESI in the USA, offers quality online continuing professional development events from the leaders in the field at a standard recognized by professional associations including psychology, social work, occupational therapy, alcohol and drug professionals, counselling and psychotherapy. On completion of the training, a Professional Development Certificate is issued after the individual has answered and submitted a quiz and course evaluation. This online program is worth 1.5 hours CPD for points calculation by your association.
Global Change Management, Inc.
Jonathan Jordan, MSW, LCSW, ACSW, is a renowned licensed psychotherapist and clinical supervisor who has a love for both animals and neuroscience. For decades, he has combined these two loves by incorporating animal-assisted interventions into his brain-based professional practice. Over the years, Jonathan has trained several of his own dogs to be successful therapy animals. Not only does he integrate his therapy dogs into his own practice, Jonathan also works closely with a variety of other medical and mental health professionals to engage his therapy animals in their respective treatment modalities. He has co-developed a unique and evidence-based approach to animal-assisted intervention, the KADRA Model, which engages animals to enhance mindfulness in humans. Jonathan is a long-time member of the prestigious Society for Neuroscience and is a charter member of the Society for Social Neuroscience. Thus, he has extensive knowledge of both human and animal neuroscience research.
Jonathan is an international speaker and author on the topic of animal-assisted interventions motivating others to harness the power of the human-animal bond. He has trained thousands of professionals in his unique synthesis of East-West brain-based practices and AAT. Jonathan is currently writing a book about animal-assisted interventions that explains the incredible range of therapeutic benefits that come from the human-animal emotional bond. He serves as a faculty fellow of Florida State University and was engaged by the United States Senate to deliver brain-based professional development workshops to the entire Senate Staff on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.
Financial: Jonathan Jordan is the President of Global Change Management, Inc. He receives royalties as a published author. Jonathan Jordan receives a speaking honorarium and recording royalties from PESI, Inc. He has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Jonathan Jordan is a member of the national Association of Social Workers and the Society for Social Neuroscience.
- Summarize why breakthroughs in neuroscience are so important to improving the effectiveness of our brains.
- List at least four of the 7 habits of an effective brain.
- Describe why attitude is so important to brain health.
- Discuss why mental challenges can change the brain.
Recent Breakthroughs in Neuroscience, in Plain English
Habit #1 Nutritious Diet - How foods effect your brain (and how to train your brain to lose weight)
Habit #2 Focus Sequentially - Why multitasking hinders your brain's performance, and how to fix it
Habit #3 Be Physically Active - Why motion improves emotions
Habit #4 Social Participation - Why social connections help your brain's connections
Habit #5 Sleep Well - What happens to your brain when you are overdrawn at the sleep bank?
Habit #6 Mental Challenges - Simple ways to give your whole brain a workout
Habit #7 Have a Positive Attitude - Why this habit is the most important habit of all
Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Case Managers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Addiction Counselors, Nurses, Other Mental Health Professionals