Full Course Description
Shame and the Disowned Self: Overcoming Internal Attachment Disorder
The Attachment Dance with Traumatized Clients
When Unresolved Attachment Trauma Is the Problem: Working with Avoidant and Disorganized Clients
BONUS: Trauma Therapy in Perspective: Lessons from the Past 25 Years featuring Janina Fisher
- Explore how to integrate EMDR therapy into an existing framework for trauma treatment.
- The limitations of exposure therapy and alternative strategies for bolstering cognitive, emotional, physical, and behavioral resilience
- The contribution that brain science, somatic therapy, mindfulness, and the practice of “dual awareness” can make to trauma recovery
- Practical methods for heightening right-brain-to-right-brain communication in therapy
BONUS: Promoting Post-Traumatic Growth: From Devastation to Hope featuring Lisa Ferentz
- Assess the concept of Post-Traumatic Growth and how it differs from simple recovery from trauma.
- Help clients tap into their deepest inner wisdom by reinforcing personal strengths and tapping into remembered resources
- Integrate writing exercises, drawing, role-plays, guided imagery, and the creative arts to enrich the therapy experience
- Guide clients through the key transition points in the process of post-traumatic growth